JOIN OUR VIRTUAL WALK TEAM ON LINE ~
Holding Hands Hugging Hearts
- Join Our Team ~Our Goal Is To Have At Least 10 Members! We need 7 more!
- Send Emails To Family And Friends Inviting a Tax Deductible Donation Through FRIENDS HELPING FRIENDS at the Secure Website TCF Walk to Remember (follow the link for directions on how to join)
- Help Us Raise Funds! Our Goal Is $5,000.00
WALK WITH US! GET YOUR FRIENDS TO WALK!
- Physically Walk ~ The More Who Walk, The More Widespread Publicity We May Receive. This Helps To Raise Public Awareness, Making It Easier For Those In Need To Find Us During The Darkest Days Of Their Lives.
CREATE your own WALK TEAM in honor of a loved one!
- We Need Someone To Make Follow Up Calls To All Of The Other Statewide Chapters, Inviting Them To Join Us.
ORDER & WEAR YOUR PERSONALIZED WALK T-SHIRT
- Proudly Wear A Photo Of Your Loved One!
- They may be gone from the earth plane, but THEY ARE IMPORTANT ~ THEY ARE LOVED ~ THEY DO MATTER ~ THEY ARE NOT FORGOTTEN
- Show Their Names To The World!
- Continuity ~ Visibility
- We Aren’t Looking To Make Profit On The T-Shirts, So It Isn’t About Fund-raising
- It Is About Looking More Uniform
- Looking Better For Photos
- We Will Be Using Photos On The Website, In Video, Newsprint, social Media and for Future Outreach.
- Contact Newspapers Statewide ~ Get The Word Out About The Walk in your surrounding towns. We Have Press Releases Ready For Submission. We Just Need Volunteers To Deliver our Already Written Press Releases To Various Newspapers And Follow Up.
- BLOG! Using Strong Keywords!
- Facebook Daily!
- Tweet Daily!
- We Need To Create And Distribute Packets To Area Hospice, Pediatricians, Funeral Homes, Doctors, Other Bereavement Support Groups.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED DAY OF THE WALK
- Help at the tables
- check in pre-registered, help with new registrations
- Distribute the Personalized Pre-ordered T-Shirts
- Help with Sales of “Value” T-Shirts
- Put up WALK TO REMEMBER Route and Direction Signs –about 8:00 am
- Make Sure Everyone Has Water
- Help With Set Up, Tear Down, Clean Up
- Help With Grilling
- Pick Up Butterflies Ordered From MAGIC WINGS in Deerfield, Ma about 8:30 am
- Last year we had someone with an air-conditioned camper who kept the butterflies cool on premises. (they moved to Florida!) Anyone else able to help?
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEOGRAPHY
- We Need Lots and Lots of Photos Of The Physical Walk, The Butterfly Release, The Picnic, The T-Shirts, The Signs, The Emotion, The Families.
- VIDEO -We REALLY Need someone to take video to be used for future Public Service Announcements and on Social media to help those in need realize that The Compassionate Friends exists.
♥Special Thanks to Sue Muldoon, of Sue Muldoon Images, LLC, who is our Official Walk Photographer (and will be displaying Walk photos on her website. See last year’s July 9 Walk Photos in the Private Gallery on Sue’s WebSite.)
REFRESHMENTS – POT LUCK PICNIC
- Baked Good, Cookies, Cupcakes – Foods To Share And Snack On – (carefully marked for anyone with allergies)
- POT LUCK PICNIC- Contributions– We Are Supplying The Burgers And Dogs, But Need Salads, Desserts, Favorite Shared Entrées
- COOLERS FILLED WITH LOTS OF ICE – Health conscious and Health Department mandated, we need to keep food COLD!
DON’T SEE SOMETHING THAT FITS, BUT WANT TO HELP?
- Send An Email With Your Idea Or Skills TCFWalkToRemember@gmail.com Subject: VOLUNTEER
- Check Back Daily To Check For New Needs